almond, cardamom & rose beauty latté
This latté was inspired by the rich flavors and aromas of the Middle East. It’s warm, soothing, and uplifting! The rose water compliments the almond milk and almond extract beautifully, while the hint of cardamom and cinnamon adds a burst of exotic spice. Make it as a soothing light breakfast, or as a warming caffeine-free treat before bed.
Benefits of Rose Water
Rosewater, an ingredient used traditionally in the Middle East, especially Iran, is more than just beautifully fragrant. Rose water contains vitamins A, C, E as well as B vitamins.
Although there is not a lot of clinical research available on the health benefits of rose water, it has been used both topically and internally for centuries. Anecdotally, ingesting rose water has been said to help in the following ways:
- As a mood enhancer, it helps to relieve depression.
- Drinking rose water helps to hydrate the skin from the inside.
- With wrinkle reduction, lightening dark spots and tightening pores.
- Digestion relief, helping improve bloating and constipation.
- Helps to heal colds, flu, and sore throats.
- Relief with fluid retention and inflammation.
Dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan-optional, refined sugar-free
Servings: 2 small or 1 large
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom seeds or 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey (or your favorite sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon raw coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon hydrolyzed collagen peptides, pasture-raised (optional)
- Dried rose petals and cinnamon for serving
Place almond milk, cardamom, and cinnamon in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
Heat until hot and lightly simmering but not boiling.
Transfer to blender. Add the rest of the ingredients. Blend on high until smooth and frothy. Pour into glass(es) and garnish with a dusting of extra cinnamon and sprinkling of rose petals.
Serve and enjoy while warm!