3 cups distilled water (purified will work in a pinch)
2 tablespoons marshmallow root
1 tablespoon horsetail
1 tablespoon oatstraw
1 cup aloe vera juice (or so, read directions)
10-30 drops essential oil *optional
- Make an herbal decoction with the marshmallow root and water – Boil water and add marshmallow root then turn down to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Take off heat and remaining herbs. Let rest at least 15 more minutes.
- Strain through cheesecloth-lined sieve into bottle when cool.
- Add aloe vera juice (if the infusion results in less than one cup, I just use equal parts aloe vera juice so its half infusion and half aloe).
- Spritz on comb or hair and get to work!